What is the FLOAT ALMANAC?
An almanac is traditionally an annual publication that includes information such as weather forecasts, farmers’ planting dates, tide tables, and tabular information often arranged according to the calendar.
You are invited to help us create a more diverse, creative, and insightful FLOAT ALMANAC on or around Lake Tyers in 2017. To capture the annual cycle of Lake Tyers, and record it in your own unique way.
START DATE: 21 December 2016 (Summer Solstice) and continues for ONE YEAR.
FINISH: 20 December 2017
EXHIBITED: in January 2018.
You can ask us anything via email anytime.
But in a nutshell:
- Read the initial project brief here.
- Register your interest via this form. (It adds you to our mailing list so you stay in the loop).
- Create a series of artworks, words, data, observations, maps at Lake Tyers during 2017.
- Be a part of the ongoing conversation - see the dates for 2017 gatherings here.
- Enjoy the process!
- Finish December 2017
- Take part in the Summer 2018 Exhibition
- Be a part of the FLOAT ALMANAC publication and FLOAT FORUM in September 2018