1. READ ALL THE INFO :
THE FLOAT ANNUAL SMALL VESSEL PRIZE 2018
A vessel can be many things. With many names, descriptions and functions. It is primarily an object to carry, contain and transport. Simple forms, or more involved with lids, handles, feet or spouts, which we interact with and use as vessels in our everyday lives. Often without giving much thought to the object itself, even our own bodies are vessels made up of arteries, veins and capillaries. Vessels can be mass produced, single use, handmade, one of a kind or naturally occurring within nature.
Open call to makers /
Early career and established artists of all ages are encouraged to submit their own interpretation of a vessel. Be it functional or dysfunctional. In the many guises of a vessel, the artist of the work shall remain ambiguous, known only by a number until the work is sold and the artists name is then revealed.
Each vessel to be no larger than 30 Height x 30 Width x 30 Depth cm.
Media and materials /
We encourage the use of all media and materials to be explored. Ceramics, glass, woodwork, metalwork, gold and silver smithing, textiles, fibre arts, papier-mâché, collage, recycled and found materials, natural or human made, are some suggestions - not limitations.
We envisage this ANNUAL SMALL VESSEL PRIZE 2018 as another element to the future of FLOAT. An inaugural exhibition that will become a signature event, paying homage to our FLOAT vessel, enticing contemporary artists to our community, creating art spaces and conversations, fundraising, and building another creative campus in our FLOAT COMMUNIVERSITY.
FLOAT seeks to build a community on creative environmental stewardship – with a love of art and place. Here on Lake Tyers, East Gippsland.
entry fee / $30 (incl GST) per entry
first prize / $1,000 acquisitive award
entries open / 14 july 2018
exhibition / 1-10 december 2018
First prize: $1,000 Acquisitive award (acquired by the FLOAT Collection)
Second prize: $300 (Non-acquisitive)
People’s Choice: $100
Entries open: 14 July 2018
Entries closed: 16 November 2018
Vessels received by: 22 November 2018
Exhibition Dates: 1 December 2018 – 10 December 2018 @ Lake Tyers Beach
1. Multiple entries are accepted.
2. All vessels entered will be exhibited (unless the work is considered to be dangerous or discriminating)
3. All vessels entered must be the original work of the artist submitting the entry.
4. All works must be for sale (30% commission deducted. Commission to be included in your listed sale price).
5. All works are to be available for the duration of the exhibition.
6. The exhibition will be open to public viewing at the venue and also online.
7. All artists are responsible for their work/s to and from the address of the award, including all freight and transport costs in both directions.
8. Absolute care will be undertaken when handling works however the artist is responsible for loss, theft and or any damages to be covered by the artists insurance.
9. All artists must agree to images of their vessels and biographical materials reproduced used for promotion and publicity within any media, and archival purposes. Artists will be acknowledged credited at all times.
2. COMPLETE THE ENTRY FORM
2018 ENTRY FORM
3. PAY YOUR $30 ENTRY FEE
Whichever way you submit your ENTRY FORM please be sure to pay your ENTRY FEE in one of the following ways:
1. Cheque: Payable to F.INC EAST GIPPSLAND Inc / PO BOX 632, LAKES ENTRANCE 3909
2. EFT: F.INC EAST GIPPSLAND Inc BSB: 633 000 ACCOUNT: 158 029 546
3. PayPal: email@example.com
4. Via our FIRKIN ENTRY FEE CART